No Common Task: The Autobiography of a Ghost-hunter (1983)

This is the autobiography of a man who has spent thirty-five years of his life covering scientific psychical research, with detailed investigations into all kinds of manifestation that might be supernatural or paranormal in origin, including spiritualism, ESP, telepathy, hauntings and other occult phenomena. Many of the true experiences from the author's casebook are published here for the first time.

Peter Underwood has been described by objective observers as a 'veteran psychical researcher... representing the middle-ground between scepticism and uncritical belief.'

In his preface, the author states that 'I have long been of the opinion that 98 per cent of reported hauntings have a natural and mundane explantation, but it is the other 2 percent that have interested me for more than forty years.'